I was originally hoping to offer one final amazing new book to end my series with, but quite honestly I am all out of ideas! I have been specifically choosing kids picture books from my NEW BOOKS shelves at the library where I work, and everything that's left that I haven't written about either a) was published more than a year ago or b) just isn't all that exciting to me. So here you have it, just a final wrap-up post on Day 31.
Some observations from the past 31 days:
- Writing posts ahead of time and scheduling them is the best idea ever. Some days I would whip out 4-5 book reviews in a single sitting, and some days I struggled to create one.
- I'm glad I chose something simple to write about - the majority of my time was spent copying and pasting info from Amazon. "My thoughts" took very little time to write, which was key to making this a successful project.
- I became very familiar with my new books. I don't always take the time to read new books as they come in, but this project forced me to. I feel I could confidently "book talk" any of the 30 books in this series to interested patrons.
- This could very easily be a series I do again next October. It's not like it's a topic that exhausts itself in 31 posts. There will be tons of great kids picture books that come out between now and then.
- I'm ready to take a break from book reviews.
For those of you who have joined me the past 31 days specifically for these book reviews, thank you!!! The content of my blog is typically more library-oriented, with plans for storytimes and crafts and events that I do with the kids and teens at my library. I will continue to throw in the occasional book review, but after today I will head back to a little more regularly-scheduled-programming. :)
It's been a fun month, I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have! Remember my giveaway ends at 11:59pm EDT tonight, so hop over to that page and leave a comment to be entered.