Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Reading 2016: Harry Potter Readathon!

My library's collection has been well-loved over the years!

Two years ago I joined an online YA Book Club for the sole reason of reading through the Harry Potter series with the group. I was in high school and college when the books first came out, and didn't get involved in the hype at the time. Needless to say, I quickly got sucked in and jumped ahead (we were reading one book a month at the time), and became a huge fan.

(I love middle-grade and YA books in general, and am SO grateful for this book club to get me reading books in this genre I wouldn't have picked on my own!)



Now that I know the basics of the entire storyline, I was super excited to hear Jessica talking about a summer re-read of the series! I'm NOT a re-reader of fiction AT ALL (I always feel like "why re-read something that I already know how it ends, when there are so many other books out there that I haven't read?!). But since the idea got planted in my head, and others are participating too, I'm actually excited to play along too.


(Besides, I need something for "a book you've already read at least once" in MMD's 2016 Reading Challenge :)

Will you join us?? It's going to be a fast-paced read, as we're hoping to do one book a week, to be finished by the time the 8th "book" releases on July 31 (which is also Harry's birthday :)  I most likely will not be able to keep up the pace, but I'm going to try! I plan to head to the library today to pick up book #1, since the ebook is checked out...

Come join the YA Book Club Hangout, and check out Jessica's intro post - she's running a giveaway!

Are you a Potter fan? How many times have you read the series? 


No comments:

Post a Comment