Monday, December 2, 2013

Book Display: Readbox

I came across this idea on Pinterest a few times and thought it was cute. This is my little shelf in the hallway that I often don't know what to do with... I found a piece of red cloth that drapes over the top and along the inside of the shelf back, behind the books (you can't see that very well in the picture).
In case you want yours to look just mine :) here's how I did it: I took a full size piece of red posterboard and created the letters for "readbox" in MS Publisher -- the font is Comic Sans, font size 467 (2-3 letters per 11x8.5 landscape page), and changed Format-->Font-->Outline. Printed and cut. The arch overtop I cut freehand. The words on the bottom say "SAVE a dollar, READ the book!"

I chose books from the kid's section that have been made into movies:

  • Doctor Dolittle
  • Peter Pan & Wendy
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
  • Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • How to Train Your Dragon
  • Charlotte's Web
  • Stuart Little
  • Mary Poppins
  • Beezus & Ramona
  • The Tale of Despereaux
  • The Invention of Hugo Cabret
  • Inkheart
  • Bridge to Terabithia
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • The Secret Garden
  • Mr. Popper's Penguins
There are obviously tons more out there, and I'll probably fill it in with others as these get checked out!





No comments:

Post a Comment