Any week that we have a little extra time at the end of storytime (maybe it was a topic that didn't have as many activities, or the books were shorter), I'll pull out the cube. I roll it to the side of the room, and the kids know they are not supposed to touch it, but just tell me what picture is on the top.
I also have a word underneath each picture, to start the kids on letter and word recognition.
The songs and rhymes I currently have cards for are:
- Itsy Bitsy Spider (spider)
- I'm a Little Teapot (teapot)
- Five Little Monkeys (monkey) -- I have a big furry glove with monkey heads velcroed to the fingers
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (star)
- If You're Happy and You Know It (face)
- B-I-N-G-O (dog)
- The Wheels on the Bus (bus)
- Head Shoulders Knees and Toes (body)
- Humpty Dumpty (egg) -- we have flannel pieces for this
- Hickory Dickory Dock (clock)
- Hey Diddle Diddle (cow) -- we have flannel pieces for this