Monday, November 11, 2013

Song & Rhyme Cube

I saw the idea for a song cube in a few places, including Mel's Desk. I wanted to include more classic rhymes and kids songs this year, and this was the perfect way to do that. I made mine from a full tissue box, covered in scrapbook paper. Since I had a hard time narrowing down the songs I like to only 6, I made my little pictures removable (stuck on with poster putty)!
 
 

Any week that we have a little extra time at the end of storytime (maybe it was a topic that didn't have as many activities, or the books were shorter), I'll pull out the cube. I roll it to the side of the room, and the kids know they are not supposed to touch it, but just tell me what picture is on the top.

I also have a word underneath each picture, to start the kids on letter and word recognition.

The songs and rhymes I currently have cards for are:

  • Itsy Bitsy Spider (spider)
  • I'm a Little Teapot (teapot)
  • Five Little Monkeys (monkey) -- I have a big furry glove with monkey heads velcroed to the fingers
  • Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (star)
  • If You're Happy and You Know It (face)
  • B-I-N-G-O (dog)
  • The Wheels on the Bus (bus)
  • Head Shoulders Knees and Toes (body)
  • Humpty Dumpty (egg) -- we have flannel pieces for this
  • Hickory Dickory Dock (clock)
  • Hey Diddle Diddle (cow) -- we have flannel pieces for this


No comments:

Post a Comment