Friday, May 23, 2014

One month and counting!

One month from today our Summer Reading Program begins! We're getting a bit of a late start this year as our local schools had something like 18 snow days and kids are going to be in school until June 20.
Hard to believe this was barely 3 months ago.
I'm farther ahead in my planning than I was this time last year -- I have performers booked, crafts and experiments figured out, storytime topics roughly planned, reading logs almost done. But I still have a lot to do in the two weeks before kids come in to register and pick up their first reading log.

The biggest task hanging over my head is calling local businesses to solicit donations. I sent out letters to them in mid-April, and a handful have responded on their own. But there are a bunch that I haven't heard from, and we rely on them for things ranging from free ice cream cone coupons to large end-of-summer prizes. It's just that 1) I don't like asking people for money and 2) I don't like talking on the phone.

Time to make some lists. It's finally warming up outside (temps in the 70s-80s this week!) so there's no denying it any longer. Summer is coming, and it's coming fast...


When does your summer programming start? What do you still have left to do?

P.S. It's also my oldest daughter's 4th birthday today. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment