Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Lion's Tales: March 29-April 4

This weekly recap is where I blog about anything and everything from the past week. Could be about books, my kids, my garden... Random things in my life that don't fill enough space for their own post!


1. I finally made it to the last day of my library job on Wednesday. The month really did fly by (I put in my notice on March 2, my last day was April 1). I was able to lead one more morning of storytime, which the new gal was able to be at with me. Then she and I talked through a bunch of stuff and I showed her where things are. Over the last month I've been creating a Word document with all sorts of info about programs and pictures and where to find things and links to posts on my blog about past programs... It might have been 3+ pages of overkill, but I know when I started the job almost exactly two years ago I started with nothing. Literally, nothing. The gal before me left in a hurry and files were deleted from the computer and I started from scratch. So I wanted to make this transition as easy as possible -- and I think Kristen appreciated it: "Thank you SO much for all of this! You and I think a lot alike." :) I'm so excited for you Kristen! You're going to be great!!

2. I've gotten an extra workout in my other (and now only) job -- I work 8 hours a week for my church as the Communications Coordinator, doing things like emails and website and making the weekly bulletins. On Wednesday night after a meeting (while we were also there at praise band practice), our pastor headed home on his motorcycle and hit a deer. Thankfully he only ended up with some scrapes and a broken clavicle. It was a scary night, and I was busy sending emails and posting Facebook updates to get our congregation praying. Then Thursday evening, when we were getting ready for our Maundy Thursday service, the pastor's wife fell and also had to go to the ER, and she ended up with a broken foot. What a crazy week!

3. I launched a Facebook page for my blog this week. In addition to posting links to my blog posts, I'll be posting fun book-ish pictures and links I come across, asking questions, and just including things that probably aren't worthy of a whole blog post in and of themselves. Hop on over and like the page today to join in the fun!

4. Last Saturday I mentioned we were heading to the boys basketball state finals that my husband's school was playing in. They didn't win (the team they played has won something like the last 3 of 4 years of finals...), but it was a GREAT time for Rocky and me. We were able to get a babysitter and left early, so we could walk around campus and reminisce for awhile. This was where we met, 13+ years ago!




No comments:

Post a Comment