I was really excited when Jessica at Quirky Bookworm and Sheila from The Deliberate Reader approached me and asked if I'd be willing to co-host a new book club they were starting in 2016!
Reading Together: A Family Exploration Book Club will focus on a different theme every two months, and include at least one picture book, a middle-grade book, and a slightly older/teen book with each theme. You're encouraged to read one (or all!) of the books with your kids throughout the two months, participate in discussion in our closed Facebook group, and link-up your review posts if you have your own blog too.
Here are the six themes for the year:
- Arctic (co-hosted by Carrie from The Lion is a Bookworm -- hey that's me!! :)
- Korea (co-hosted by Moira from Hearth & Homefront)
- Iran (co-hosted by Katie from Cakes, Tea and Dreams)
- Australia (co-hosted by Breanne from This Vintage Moment)
- Modern U.S. (co-hosted by Kate from Mom's Radius)
- Magic (co-hosted by Julie from Smiling Shelves)
We're starting in January and February with the Arctic -- the 3 books we will for sure discuss will be In Arctic Waters (picture book), The Year of Miss Agnes (middle-grade), and Julie of the Wolves (teen). I will gather a list and read other books set in the Arctic too, to help get me through the cold, snowy days in Michigan. :)
We can't wait to get started! Head over to the Facebook group and join, and put in a request at your library for our Arctic books. If you have friends who would be interested in joining a book club with their kids, invite them to join too!
Which of the six themes are you most interested
in reading with your kids?