Saturday, March 7, 2015

March #bookwormproblems

Sometimes I feel like the odd one out when I see book bloggers posting photos of the stack of books they're currently reading.
Modern Mrs. Darcy's stack a few years ago
Usually I am a great multitasker, but when it comes to books, I just cannot read more than one at a time!!
Let me rephrase that... I can't read more than one fiction book at a time. As you can see from the photo, I'm reading 3 (4 if you count my daily read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year plan) non-fiction books right now.

I think this is why I'm still hesitant to try audiobooks. I don't think I would be able to enjoy the fictional storyline of more than one plot at a time.

Help me out here -- am I really the only one in the book blogging world who has this #bookwormproblem??


Linking up today with Quirky Bookworm! Click to see what other bookworms are struggling with!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I don't know if I can help you! Because I love having multiple books going. I don't like if I'm reading two that are too similar though (like two historical fictions, or two different police procedurals). Maybe try a kid book on audio while you're reading a different fiction book and see how it goes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a great point about books being too similar! That's totally where my issue comes from! I end up getting into grooves where all I want to read is Amish fiction, or crime/mystery, or YA until I get sick of it and move on to another genre. So it's hard for me to get into a different setting because I'm loving the one I'm currently binging on too much. :)

      Delete