Tuesday, September 29, 2015

31 Days of NEW Kids Picture Books: 2015 edition

Last year I joined the 31 Days of writing challenge for the first time and enjoyed it so much I thought I'd try again this year. My local library has a section just for new books that have arrived in the last 6 months, typically published within the last year, so while I'm following the same format as I did last October, the content will be completely new!


I'd really love the accountability of knowing people are reading these posts so that I don't give up part way in... so if you're going to be looking forward to discovering NEW kids picture books every day with me, will you leave me a little comment? :)

This post will contain the growing list of books as I write them:

Day 1: Llama Llama Gram and Grandpa by Anna Dewdney
Day 2: S is for Sleeping Bear Dunes by Kathy-jo Wargin
Day 3: I Will Take a Nap! by Mo Willems
Day 4: Queen of the Diamond: The Lizzie Murphy Story by Emily Arnold McCully
Day 5: Miss Hazeltine's Home for Shy and Fearful Cats by Alicia Potter
Day 6: Templeton Gets His Wish by Greg Pizzoli
Day 7: Jack and the Beanstalk by Anna Milbourne
Day 8: Troto and the Trucks by Uri Shulevitz
Day 9: Ladybug Girl and the Best Ever Playdate by David Soman & Jacky Davis
Day 10: Good Night, Firefly by Gabriel Alborozo
Day 11: A Rock Can Be... by Laura Purdie Salas
Day 12: Woodpecker Wham! by April Pulley Sayre
Day 13: The House That's Your Home by Sally Lloyd-Jones
Day 14: Secrets of Winter: A Shine-a-Light Book by Carron Brown {GIVEAWAY!}
Day 15: I'm Trying to Love Spiders by Bethany Barton
Day 16: Ask Me by Bernard Waber
Day 17: Ketzel, the Cat Who Composed by Leslea Newman
Day 18: Dilly Dally Daisy by Mark Fearing 
Day 19: Sunshine Brightens Springtime by Charles Ghigna
Day 20: Beautiful Hands by Kathryn Otoshi & Bret Baumgarten
Day 21: That's Not My Hedgehog... by F. Watt & R. Wells
Day 22: P. Zonka Lays an Egg by Julie Paschkis
Day 23: With a Friend By Your Side by Barbara Kerley
Day 24: Izzy & Oscar by Allison Estes & Dan Stark
Day 25: Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho! by Doreen Cronin
Day 26: Where's Will? by Anna Claybourne
Day 27: Little Miss, Big Sis by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Day 28: Olga da Polga by Michael Bond
Day 29: Who Wants Broccoli? by Val Jones
Day 30: Wild About Us! by Karen Beaumont
Day 31: Final thoughts on this year's 31 days


8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this - and hoping you'll share the style of writing for each of the books too. I only like reading picture books to my kids that are written in rhyme (like the one about the baby in the bubble or the Cupcake Princess).

    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE rhyming books too! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. I'll totally be reading along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love new book recommendations for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope I can help you find some good ones! :)

      Delete
  4. Ooohhh - I love kids' books! Fun! I'll have to follow along!

    ReplyDelete