Monday, July 1, 2013

Bulletin Boards: Dig into Reading!

I have two large bulletin board areas to work with in the children's section of my library. About a month ago, when we opened registration for our Summer Reading Programs, I created this bulletin board (my first one here!):



I wanted to have something I could leave up all summer long, that could easily announce all of the events we have scheduled for our three groups of kids. The white papers give a brief description of each group and lists dates and times of events.

Nothing too fancy, the blueish background is the actual board, so if I don't want it to show I have to cover it with fabric or paper. This board and the other (which I'll show off another time) are each divided into three sections, all with that blue pattern. The brown fabric was already on the middle section above, so I left it for some contrast.

I used the clipart from the CSLP cd, printed in color on regular paper. The two posters in the middle were ordered from CSLP/Upstart.


No comments:

Post a Comment