Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Lion's Tales: January 24-30

Inspired by Sadie's Saturday 7 and Jessica's Weekly Ramble, this weekly recap is where I blog about anything and everything from the past week. It could be about books, my kids, my garden... Random things in my life that don't fill enough space for their own post!
----------------------------------------

1. A couple of weeks ago Ellie and I were browsing the dvd collection at our library (they have a TON) and came across the new live-action Cinderella movie. I almost checked it out, then realized my girls have never seen the original animated Disney version! The library didn't have it, but I asked around and borrowed it from a friend. And so our Friday night tradition expanded!

I've been making homemade pizza every Friday for quite a few months, and now as soon as we clear the table we put on pajamas and head downstairs. So far we've watched Cinderella, Tangled, Bambi, and Lady and the Tramp (oh and the original Star Wars movie since Abby keeps talking about it from talking and playing with the kids at school).




2. I'm considering something slightly crazy... I've discovered I'm very addicted to sugar, and am considering fasting from it for a time. I'm inspired by Jessica Fisher's sugar fast that her whole family did a couple of years ago - they allowed local honey and real maple syrup. There are other programs I've found online and a handful of books -- I'm currently reading Eve Schaub's Year of No Sugar: A Memoir.

I'm thinking it will help me appreciate the times I do eat sweets going forward, and help prevent type-2 diabetes (always on my mind, because of some family history). Weight loss would be a nice side effect too, though I'm not getting my hopes up. :)

I'm not sure if I would go full-on checking every single label of everything I eat (did you know there's sugar in ketchup, and lunch meat, and peanut butter, and...?) or just give up "sweets" (ice cream, chocolate, sweet cereal, coffee creamer, etc).



That's all for now. It's been a pretty slow, average week. :)



What's your favorite classic Disney movie?
Have you ever given up sugar?


No comments:

Post a Comment