Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Lion's Tales: May 31-June 6 (including June's #bookwormproblems)

This weekly recap is where I blog about anything and everything from the past week. Could be about books, my kids, my garden... Random things in my life that don't fill enough space for their own post!


1. It was the last week of school around here. Rocky has finished his 10th year of teaching, and Abby has finished her first year of preschool.



2. In honor of Abby's 5th birthday, we stopped by the library so she could get her very own library card. I know it's more for show than anything (I keep it in my wallet next to my own card, and signed up with my email address for her due date alerts), but she was pretty excited. :)



3. I closed an Usborne party this week for a teacher-friend who got $200 worth of books for $70. And actually if those packs in the picture would have been bought as separate books, the retail would have been even higher. Would you like some free and half-priced books? Let's have a party! If we get a party in during the month of June, you can get double the amount of free books as usual because I'm still new at this. And if you're not local to me, let's do a Facebook party! Send me an email at thelionisabookworm at gmail dot com.



4. #bookwormproblem of the month: I saw this photo come through Facebook and it really resonated with me:


I realized a lot of books I read are parts of series - it's been awhile since I read anything stand-alone. But that means I often have to wait until the next book in the series a) gets published or b) comes in at the library (luckily I've gotten in the habit of requesting the next book when I'm about halfway done with the first!). AND I've gotten in the habit of paging through the back of my current book (not reading anything though!) when I think I'm getting to that point where there's a good possibility it will end sooner than I'd like, so I can be prepared...

Do you read those chapter previews at the end of a book? Or just wait until you actually get that next book? 



Linking up with Jessica at Quirky Bookworm today! Click through to see what other problems are plaguing bookworms this month. :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh those Usborne parties tempt me! If I wasn't a Thirty-One consultant... ;) (I made a deal with myself not to host other parties as long as I'm a consultant, don't want to overwhelm my friends.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I understand! If you ever change your mind let me know! :)

      Delete