Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Lion's Tales: June 21-27

This weekly recap is where I blog about anything and everything from the past week. Could be about books, my kids, my garden... Random things in my life that don't fill enough space for their own post!

1. We had a garage sale this week (in fact I'm typing this post as I'm working it). Everyone always says "garage sales are too much work for how much money you end up making." I suppose that's true, but this year I tried really hard to work on things little by little -- I've kept a box by the stairs and anytime I came across something in the last few months that we don't use I'd put it in the box. And then we set tables up in the garage a week ahead, so when I had an hour here and there I'd go sort and price. We made out alright, and whatever is left we'll donate anyway. Abby and Ellie sold a ton of Rice Krispie treats.



2. I'm almost at the end of my "incentive period" with Usborne (my first 90 days). It's been great, and I've reached all of my goals except one. If I get 1 person to become a consultant too, before next Wednesday, I'll get a big box of free books and supplies. Would you like the chance to earn some extra income, build up your home library, and be part of a great community -- all with no sales quotas to meet? I've even known people to just buy the starter kit for a great deal on new books. Usborne is running a really great limited-time deal on a starter kit of 10 books plus supplies for only $55. Email me at thelionisabookworm at gmail dot com if you have any questions! You could also sign up right now by clicking through this link.



3. The girls had their first dentist appointment this week. They got to watch a little video about what to expect, then the dentist counted their teeth and just made it a fun experience for them. So far so good, no issues that she could see! We often joke that we hope the girls get my teeth and Rocky's eyes... if it's the other way around we're going to have lots of dentist and optometry bills. :-P


4. Ellie has gotten so many comments lately about how big she is. Whether it's at the store, at our garage sale, or people we know, everyone has a hard time believing she is still only 2 years old. I don't think she's any bigger than Abby was at that age, she's wearing the clothes Abby wore at that age. But she is only a couple inches shorter than Abby, and her speech is amazing. Some second-born kids take longer to talk because their older siblings do all the talking for them -- not Ellie!



No comments:

Post a Comment