Sunday, October 19, 2014

31 Days of NEW Kids Picture Books: Day 19

Fancy Nancy and the Wedding of the Century by Jane O'Connor.  April 2014.

From Amazon: "Not only does Nancy help out the bride in this wonderful story, she also gets to attend a fabulous party reception! Fans of Fancy Nancy and weddings alike will laugh along with Nancy as she discovers how truly special even the simplest wedding can be. Little girls will delight in learning about bridal traditions with their favorite fancy girl, and as in all Fancy Nancy books, Nancy's wisdom and creativity shine through to spark the joy of imagination in young readers."

My thoughts: Most girls will go through a Fancy Nancy phase (or at least a dressup/princess phase) when they are young. This book talks about one of the fanciest things of all - weddings! It's very interesting how the author delicately talks about traditional and nontraditional wedding details - which is great for me, as my own wedding reception was held in a barn. :) I read this one just after it came out to the girls at my annual Fancy Nancy party and they loved it.

Age: Preschool and up

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway!**














2 comments:

  1. Oh we'll have to get this one from the library! Brooklyn loves Fancy Nancy, and I love all the vocabulary words in them:)
    - Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie- I continue to enjoy your series...I spent an afternoon reading the first batch that I requested from the library...I liked the surprise twists in many of the stories...like Tea with Grandpa...I didn't see the "virtual Skype" part coming at all...

    I just requested a the last few from this week...my son is getting married next year and my 7yr old niece is the flower girl...I'm going to read Fancy Nancy with her :)

    ReplyDelete